American soldiers have reportedly been relocated from a major military base in Qatar as Senator Lindsey Graham has publicly called on the president to strike Iran amid escalating tensions between the two nations.
The US has long feared that Iran is developing nuclear capabilities, and indirect negotiations between the two in Geneva last week reportedly failed to manifest a meaningful conclusion.
Iran has denied motivations to develop a nuclear arsenal, but has maintained its right to enrich uranium, which is the most-used fuel for nuclear power.
President Trump has strongly alluded to a military strike to force Iran to come to the table for negotiations, telling reporters on Friday that he was 'considering' it.
Multiple reports have also pointed to an increased military presence on bases in the Middle East.
US officials told ABC News on Saturday that hundreds of personnel at a base in Qatar were relocating ahead of a possible strike.
Although the report did not state the exact base, the major military facility in Qatar is the Al Udeid Air Base.
The outlet reported that 35,000 troops had been stationed in the Middle East ahead of potential military action, including the USS Gerald Ford, 100 cargo planes, fighter jets, and the USS Abraham Lincoln strike group.
Dozens of aircraft were also seen parked at a base in Jordan, known as Muwaffaq Salti, according to flight tracking data reviewed by the New York Times.
Satellite imagery revealed 60 aircraft, at least another 68 cargo planes, several drones, helicopters, F-35 stealth jets, and new air defenses have landed at the base.
In addition to increased military presence, the global Brent oil benchmark has spiked over the past two days.
Iran accounts for less than three percent of global oil output, but the surge could signal military action because the country controls the Strait of Hormuz, which facilitates about 20 percent of global oil supply.
Trump has appeared lukewarm on the possibility of military action, refusing to publicly commit either way.
Longtime ally to the president, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, has now made a public declaration about his stance on a potential strike.
'I understand concerns about major military operations in the Middle East given past entanglements,' Graham told Axios.
'However, the voices who counsel against getting entangled seem to ignore the consequences of letting evil go unchecked.'
Graham explained that he believed those advising the president not to strike Iran were 'getting louder,' adding, 'Time will tell as to how this plays out.'
The senator clarified that he respected Trump's decision and believed that the president would be held accountable either way.
Graham has been a vocal opponent of the Iranian regime. He spoke at a rally in Munich, Germany, earlier this month to express solidarity with those demanding regime change.
'I believe the Ayatollah is a religious Nazi, who would keep the region and the world in turmoil,' Graham wrote on X after his speech.
'He's a religious fanatic who wants to purify Islam, destroy the Jewish people and come after the United States, which he refers to as the Great Satan.'
Graham also visited the Middle East and discussed Iran with officials in Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
He praised Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman and President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahya on social media after meeting with the leaders.
During his recent trip to Israel, Graham said in a press briefing from Tel Aviv that a decision on action against Iran is 'weeks, not months away.'
Negotiations are expected to continue, but Iranian officials have warned that if their nation is attacked, they will respond 'decisively.'